The SIA AppChallenge is back for its sixth version and it is wanting for the greatest breakthroughs in travel technology to solve 6 key pain points. The deadline for entries is July 12.
The AppChallenge is 1 of the initiatives from the airline trying to find to develop its associations and networks with startups from all about the world. This year’s 6 themes obstacle startups to think about the pursuing inquiries:
- Seamless Travel Knowledge – How can we automate the procedure of identifying destroyed baggage? How can we regulate in-cabin baggage to make certain a easy boarding experience? How can we re-envision a customer’s lifetime onboard Vistara flights? How can we use technology to decrease catering squander and automate the inflight supply of pre-ordered meals?
- Men and women and Functions – How can we use gamification to evaluate the suitability of candidates for Cabin Crew roles? How can we leverage intuitive electronic instruments to guide engineers in pre-departure things to do?
- Further than Travel – How can we empower new buying encounters at actual physical touchpoints by private cellular devices?
- Travelling in the New Norm – How can we develop strong abilities that address customers’ worries on their health and fitness and security throughout their travel journey, each on floor and in flight?
- New Small business Possibilities – How can we leverage SIA’s belongings and world brand to launch new merchandise, services and corporations that are adjacent to and enhance our core business?
- Sustainability – How can we build new strategies to broaden our sustainability initiatives?
“This obstacle is an possibility for startups at the forefront of innovation to do the job with the world’s leading airline and be component of the driving drive in modifying the way we travel,” the corporation mentioned in a unveiled statement.
Subsequent the submissions round, chosen startups will be invited to pitch their answers just about to SIA, Scoot and Vistara business groups, and include responses from the session.
Shortlisted individuals will then enter the “prototyping round” – exactly where they will be needed to develop or high-quality-tune their product, in preparing for their pitch to SIA. Members will receive weekly digital mentoring from SIA and NUS Business to guide them in their prototyping.
Finally, finalists will be invited to pitch to Singapore Airways senior administration and leading executives in Oct. Alternatives with business opportunity will be rapidly-tracked into the SIA Accelerator Programme, exactly where startups will develop a proof-of-concept of their remedy with Singapore Airways.
Up to five startups from the Grand Finale round will rapidly-track utilizing their answers by the SIA Accelerator Programme and will:
- Take part in a ten-7 days programme to implement their remedy by a proof-of-concept
- Be matched with a devoted SIA business mentor and NUS advisor to co-build their remedy
- Gain obtain to Singapore Airways and key partners’ APIs
- Accessibility a workspace and amenities at Singapore Airways Electronic Innovation Lab, KrisLab
- Get funding Help
The AppChallenge is open pre-seed to Collection A startups all over the world. Use right here. Deadline: July 12.
WiT is happy to be a Singapore Airways AppChallenge media lover.