Viking declared today that new 2024 sailings of its Mississippi River cruises are now on sale. The company’s to start with personalized vessel, Viking Mississippi, will debut in August 2022 and will sail voyages on the Mississippi River between New Orleans and St. Paul. Viking notes that find sailings have already offered out as a result of the 2023 year. This sturdy need has led Viking to open up 2024 sailing dates sooner than initially envisioned.
At this time scheduled ports of contact on Viking’s new Mississippi River cruises deal with 7 U.S. states: Louisiana (Baton Rouge, Darrow, New Orleans and St. Francisville) Mississippi (Natchez and Vicksburg) Tennessee (Memphis) Missouri (Hannibal, St. Louis) Iowa (Burlington, Dubuque and Davenport) Wisconsin (La Crosse) and Minnesota (Pink Wing, St. Paul).
The 2022-24 Viking Mississippi voyages
- America’s Terrific River (15 times New Orleans to St. Paul)—Relax and acquire in the wide range of surroundings, foliage and wildlife on this leisurely voyage. Enjoy Southern charm and preserved houses in Natchez retrace the steps of Civil Rights leaders in Memphis ascend the Gateway Arch in St. Louis and check out “The Norwegian Valley” in La Crosse. Many sailing dates are now obtainable in June, July, September and October 2023 and 2024.
- America’s Heartland (8 times St. Louis to St. Paul)—This journey introduces vacationers to the locks and dams that control the circulation of the heartland rivers. Listen to stories of settlers migrating west find out about Lewis & Clark, Mark Twain, John Deere and the Amish and Norwegian migrations knowledge the regional tunes like polka and Norwegian people and style regional cuisine showcasing nearby beer, develop and Wisconsin cheese. Several sailing dates are now obtainable August to September 2023 and 2024.
- Heart of the Delta (8 days New Orleans to Memphis)—Tour the place where by the migrating French and Acadians settled immerse on your own in the tradition and lessons from the American Civil Legal rights Movement learn the audio of the South—jazz, blues and gospel and practical experience the daily life and meals tradition of the south, from Cajun and Creole to the famed “dry” Memphis BBQ. Many sailing dates are available in November 2022 additional sailing dates are now out there in January to June and October to December 2023 and 2024.
- New Orleans & Southern Charm (8 days New Orleans to New Orleans)—On this exploration of the Decrease Mississippi, wander the historic estates and study about Civil War heritage at noteworthy web pages. The roundtrip journey from New Orleans will enable attendees to sample Cajun and Creole cuisine even though getting in the sights and seems of the French-motivated ports, which includes Baton Rouge, Darrow and far more in Louisiana and Mississippi. Multiple sailing dates are readily available in November to December 2022 more sailing dates are now offered in January and December 2023 and 2024.
- Mississippi Holiday getaway Season (eight times Memphis to New Orleans)—In December 2022, visitors will explore the Reduce Mississippi through a unique holiday break voyage. The eight-day journey will incorporate unique “Privileged Access” to Graceland, decorated for the season Cajun delicacies and purchasing excursions a visit to marvel the gentle shows and adorned historic residences in Natchez and Baton Rouge. Onboard festivities will include things like particular celebratory regional eating and treats for the vacations. Several sailing dates are readily available in December 2022.
Further than the Mississippi, the company not long ago took shipping and delivery of its seventh ocean ship, Viking Venus, which will formally be named on May possibly 17, 2021 in the United Kingdom by its ceremonial godmother, Anne Diamond. In 2022, Viking will introduce its new expedition cruises, with the initial 378-visitor, purpose-developed expedition ship, Viking Octantis, launching in January 2022 for voyages to Antarctica and then North America’s Great Lakes. A second expedition vessel, Viking Polaris, will debut in August 2022, sailing to Antarctica and the Arctic.
Related Content articles
Viking Continues Restart With Bermuda, Iceland and U.K. Voyages
Seabourn Reveals Winter season and Spring 2022-23 Voyages
Silversea Shares Facts on its Return to Sailing
Crystal Endeavor’s 2021 Iceland Voyages Now Open for Reservation